11 February 2020
Floor 13, Mitchell Centre
What will the workshop include?
- An overview of the Australian Curriculum: Digital Technologies
- Exploration of some of the key concepts of the curriculum - Data Representation, Abstraction, Specification, Algorithms
- Free, classroom-ready activities that target the programming aspects of the curriculum
- Deep dive into Blockly and Python programming using the ACA Cyber Security Challenges
- A summary of other opportunities for teachers to participate in Australian Computuing Academy projects
The workshop runs from 8:30am - 4:00pm.
Who Should Attend?
- Secondary teachers looking to improve their understanding of the Digital Technologies curriculum and Cyber Security
- Teachers and technology leaders seeking resources to support the implementation of the curriculum
Is there a cost?
Tickets are $30.
What should I bring?
Bring yourself and a laptop. We'll organise the rest, including lunch and morning tea on the day, as well as lots of classroom-ready resources to take away.
Who is running this?
The University of Sydney leads the Australian Computing Academy to provide the intellectual, technical, and practical leadership needed to fulfil the ambitious goals of the Australian Curriculum: Digital Technologies.
The ACA collaborates regularly with education, industry and the broader tech community to champion a deeper understanding of Digital Technologies and their applications in a range of fields, including computer science, data science and cyber security.
The Australian Digital Technologies Challenges and workshops are an initiative of, and funded by, the Australian Government Department of Education and Training.
Signup for the workshop