28 June 2018
Casuarina Street Primary School Library
Who is running this?
has been provided funding support from the Australian Computing Academy (ACA) to deliver workshops to teachers across Australia to learn about programming and related concepts in Digital Technologies.
This workshop helps teachers better understand the Australian Curriculum: Digital Technologies, and introduces freely available resources for use in the classroom.
The workshop runs from 8:30am - 4:00pm.
Who Should Attend?
- Primary and secondary teachers looking to improve their understanding of the Digital Technologies curriculum
- Teachers and technology leaders seeking resources to support the implementation of the curriculum
What will the workshop include?
- An overview of the Australian Curriculum: Digital Technologies
- Exploration of some of the key concepts of the curriculum - Data Representation, Abstraction, Specification, Algorithms
- Free, classroom-ready activities that target the programming aspects of the curriculum
- Deep dive into Blockly and Python programming using the ACA Digital Technologies Challenges
- A summary of other opportunities for teachers to participate in Australian Computuing Academy projects
Is there a cost?
Tickets are free.
What should I bring?
Bring yourself and a laptop. We'll organise the rest, including lunch and morning tea on the day, as well as lots of classroom-ready resources to take away.
The DT Challenges and workshops are an initiative of, and funded by, the Australian Government Department of Education and Training.
Signup for the workshop