26 October 2019
St Patrick's Marist College
What will the workshop include?
- Case studies showcasing existing practice, and school-wide scope & sequence, incorporating ACA resources
- Hands-on experiences with free, classroom-ready resources that target the Digital Technologies curriculum
- Introduction to various programming tools available, including visual and text-based programming, and object-oriented approaches.
- Deep dive into Blockly and Python programming, covering coding aspects of years 5-6 and 7-8 curriculum, focusing on defining and decomposing real-world problems, designing algorithms and implementing programs.
The workshop runs from 8:30am - 4:00pm on both days.
Who Should Attend?
- Primary and secondary teachers looking to improve their understanding of the Digital Technologies curriculum
- Teachers and technology leaders seeking resources to support the implementation of the curriculum
Attendance at the workshop will count as 12 hours of NESA accredited professional development hours for NSW teachers.
Is there a cost?
Tickets are $100 for the two-day event. Members of ICTENSW can access discounted tickets for $60 using discount codes provided by your local association - contact them for more details.
What should I bring?
Bring yourself and a laptop. We'll organise the rest, including lunch and morning tea both days, as well as lots of classroom-ready resources to take away.
The Australian Digital Technologies Challenges and workshops are an initiative of, and funded by, the Australian Government Department of Education and Training.
Signup for the workshop